Port Elizabeth is fondly referred to as the friendly city – the locals have warm hearts and are very hospitable. This coastal city is located within easy reach of the Garden Route, the wild Transkei, the Karoo and the beautiful Baviaanskloof. PE has recently been named as the bottlenose dolphin capital of the world. Watch them jump and frolic in the waves in Algoa Bay while on a whale and dolphin watching cruise.
The Eastern Cape is a mostly off the beaten path destination with tucked away accommodation and activity gems. There are excellent and unique game viewing opportunities in that wildlife can be viewed with the ocean in the background. This is also the place to view the big seven – lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino, elephants, great white sharks and southern right whales. Visit this beautiful area to escape the crowds but you certainly won’t miss out on any action!
- Off the beaten path destination
- Malaria-free game viewing in Addo National Park and many private game reserves
- Bottlenose dolphin capital – dolphin and whale watching cruise
- Penguin and seabird safari
- St Francis sandy beaches and horse and mountain biking/hiking trails
- Serenity and remoteness of the Wild Coast